Friday, January 1, 2010

Deresurrection

Deresurrection



Today, I may deresurrect myself.
Having been resurrected from the ignorance of my past
Resurrection brings too many questions.
Martha, please mind your own business,
maybe Lazarus was content.
Is the Pale Horse, friend or foe?
Is there a time when selfishness is king?
Should a single pitch bring low poor Casey,
and cause such sorrow in Muddville?
Should not our life standards expand
the strictures of our fathers?
Why should youth be so revered
and wisdom bid so cheaply?
Should I fear or welcome
the muse that visits me at the strangest times?
Of these interrogatives , I have no answers.
So, today I may deresurrect myself
and go back into the ignorant darkness
where questions have easy answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers